Cessnock Local Services
Cessnock ArticlesGenerally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Cessnock site Articles, Login to create your Ads, Articles and Events in any Australian Town or City.
Got something to say? A Great Strategy is to create your content here first and THEN like it to your Social Media Groups. Get it?
Cessnock Photo GalleryA Compilation of network Member Photos tagged in Cessnock When you ad your Articles, Ads and Events you can Nominate your Photo to appear in a Gallery. Member Photo's will automatically Backlink to your Website or Social Media Services. Generally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Photos and may click through to visit your Business or Community website. A Strategy to boost visitors to your website or service is to write Great Article and include your Photos in a Gallery
Singles and Dating
Cessnock Singles and DatingThe Make a Heart service is being developed by the Australian Regional Network for Cessnock Residents, you can also try our other Dating Services on this link for 18-25's and Seniors Dating 50+
Cessnock ChatRemember the days of the CB Radio? Not many do.. Old Style Chat Rooms accross your Town, State and Nationally.. A Free Service for Cessnock and a Place to Meet
The cessnock.city Odd Spot
Interesting facts about Cessnock
Interesting Facts about Cessnock, New South Wales, Australia
- Cessnock is a town and local government area in the Hunter Region of New South Wales.
- It is located about 120km north of Sydney and 40km west of Newcastle.
- The name Cessnock is derived from an Aboriginal word meaning "bush tracks".
- Cessnock was originally a coal mining town, with several mines operating in the area until the early 1950s.
- Today, the area is known for its vineyards and wineries, with over 140 vineyards and 70 wineries in the surrounding Hunter Valley.
- Cessnock is home to the oldest operating cinema in Australia, the Regal Cinema, which opened in 1933 and is still showing movies today.
- The town also has a rich sporting history, with several successful football teams including the Cessnock Goannas and the Cessnock City Hornets.
- Cessnock's railway station is a rare example of a station building with an attached signal box.
- The area is home to several unique attractions, including the Cessnock Regional Art Gallery, the Werakata National Park, and the Hunter Valley Zoo.
- Cessnock was the birthplace of Australian rugby league player and coach, Phil Gould.