Cessnock Galleries and Museums Directory
Be the first to advertise in Cessnock Galleries and Museums Directory!
We are developing cessnock.city for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in Cessnock for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the Galleries and Museums in Cessnock?
Cessnock Galleries and Museums
Cessnock is a city in the Hunter Region of New South Wales, Australia, and it offers a range of galleries, museums, and historical venues that showcase the rich culture and heritage of the region. These venues are a great way to explore the history and art of Cessnock, and here are some of the best sites to visit:
1. Cessnock Regional Art Gallery - Located in Vincent Street, Cessnock, the Cessnock Regional Art Gallery is a vibrant cultural hub that exhibits and promotes the work of local and regional artists. The gallery features a diverse range of contemporary artworks including paintings, sculptures, installations, and multimedia exhibits.
2. Watt Space Gallery - The Watt Space Gallery is part of The University of Newcastle, and it is located in Newcastle, just a short drive from Cessnock. The gallery showcases a wide range of contemporary and traditional artworks from local and national artists.
3. The Lock-Up - The Lock-Up is a contemporary art space located in Newcastle that features a range of exhibitions and events throughout the year. The gallery is housed in a historical building that was once a jail, creating a unique atmosphere for the exhibitions.
1. Kurri Kurri District Historical Society Museum - The Kurri Kurri District Historical Society Museum is located in Jedda Road, Kurri Kurri, which is about a 15-minute drive from Cessnock. The museum showcases the history and heritage of the region, including exhibits on the mining, rail, and farming industries.
2. Maitland Regional Art Gallery - The Maitland Regional Art Gallery is located in Maitland, which is about a 20-minute drive from Cessnock. The museum features a collection of contemporary and historical artworks, including paintings, sculptures, and mixed media works.
3. The Australian Army Infantry Museum - The Australian Army Infantry Museum is located in Singleton, which is about a 30-minute drive from Cessnock. The museum features a range of exhibits on the history and traditions of the Australian Army Infantry, including displays on weapons, uniforms, and soldier life.
1. Richmond Main Colliery - The Richmond Main Colliery is located in Leggetts Drive, Kurri Kurri, which is about a 20-minute drive from Cessnock. The colliery is a historical venue that features a museum, underground mine tours, and a heritage trail that showcases the history of the mining industry in the region.
2. Miss Porter's House - Miss Porter's House is a historical house museum located in King Street, Newcastle, which is about a 45-minute drive from Cessnock. The house was built in 1909 and showcases the lifestyle and fashion of the upper class in the early 1900s.
3. Fort Scratchley - Fort Scratchley is a historical site and museum located in Newcastle, which is about a 45-minute drive from Cessnock. The fort was built in the 1880s and has played a significant role in the defense of the city over the years. The site offers tours of the fort, as well as exhibits on the history of the site.
Cessnock offers a range of galleries, museums, and historical sites that showcase the rich cultural heritage and history of the region. From contemporary art to historical buildings and exhibits, there is something for everyone to explore and enjoy. These sites are all easily accessible from Cessnock and are a great way to learn about the culture and history of the Hunter Region.
Cessnock Galleries and Museums Articles